Burn injuries are serious injuries that require extensive medical care and treatment. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported that approximately 1.1 million people suffer burn injuries each year. About 50,000 of the burn victims require hospitalization while close to 14,500 die as a result of their burn injuries or due to complications of their burn infections.
Types of Burn Injury
Burn injuries are classified according to the extent of the damage to the skin’s layers.
- First-Degree Burns: affect the skin’s top layer and usually take 3 to 5 days to heal. This type of burn injury may be caused by exposure to flash flames and hot liquids
- Second-Degree Burns: affect the first two layers of skin and can be caused by contact with chemicals, scalds or exposure to flash flames. This type of injury ordinarily takes up to 21 days to heal. Full thickness second degree burn injury will require an excision and skin grafting to heal
- Third-Degree Burns: penetrate the full thickness of the skin and destroy tissue and are often due to contact with flame, hot surfaces, hot liquids, chemicals or electricity. This type of burn injury leads to permanent scarring and several months to heal after skin grafting
If you sustained a severe burn injury which damaged your skin, you may be required to undergo skin grafting and reconstructive surgery to address permanent scarring or disfigurement. Moreover, if an accident led to your burn injuries, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries, disfigurement, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Burn Injury Representation
At Binder & Associates, our Pasadena-based burn injury attorneys represent people who have suffered burn injuries in an accident caused by another person or party’s negligence. To learn more about your legal options, contact our firm to schedule a free initial consultation.
Our Los Angeles burn injury attorneys will work very hard for you to obtain the maximum value of compensation for your injuries, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Our Los Angeles burn injury attorneys represent clients who have been injured in any of the following accidents:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Dangerous property accidents
- Chemical burn accidents
Our firm has more than 40 years of burn injury experience, working with doctors and utilizing all available resources such as medical reports in order to understand and help establish the severity and impact of the injury. Proven experience, thorough investigation and research enable us to obtain the best outcome for each client.
Contact a California Burn Injury Lawyer
Call us today at (626) 793-9124 to arrange a free consultation with a Los Angeles burn injury attorney.