Distracted drivers and negligent motorists often pose serious risks to motorcycle riders, causing significant property damage and severe injuries to motorcyclists in a motorcycle accident. If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident, there are things that you can do for your safety and to preserve your potential claim for compensation.
- Call the police: Report the accident to the authorities immediately. The police can bring emergency responders to treat injured parties and clear the wreckage. Authorities will also make the police report which can be important evidence to support your insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Gather important information of the other motorist: Get essential details such as the identities of the other motorist, passengers, and witnesses of the accident. Take note of the other vehicle’s license plate numbers, makes and models, and insurance company information.
- Take pictures: Using a smartphone or other device with a digital camera, take photos of the accident site, particularly of the damage to your motorcycle, other vehicles and other property involved in the accident. Take pictures of any injuries you may have sustained in the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Call your insurer immediately and inform them of your accident. Provide only essential information of the accident by stating the date and time of the crash, the location of the accident, and names of other motorists involved. Do not admit any fault in the accident.
- Keep all of your medical bills: If you are treated for any injuries caused by the motorcycle accident, retain all copies of receipts and other documents in connection with your treatment.
- Don’t make a statement to other motorists’ insurers – The other motorist’s insurance company may try to contact you—do not make any statements that these insurers may use to deny or limit your claim for compensation.
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer: A skilled motorcycle accident attorney can help establish your injuries, the cause of your injuries, and defend your claim before insurance companies and if necessary, in court. At Binder Law Group, PLC, our experienced attorneys have helped thousands of injured clients obtain the maximum value of compensation that they legally deserve.
Arrange a Free Initial Consultation with Experienced Encino Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the Encino motorcycle accident attorneys at Binder Law Group, PLC can provide advice about your legal options during a free initial consultation. Our Encino personal injury law firm has been defending accident victims’ rights and helping people like you throughout Southern California for over 40 years.