In a traffic accident involving a commercial truck, the trucking company that employed the truck driver and/or the owner of the truck may be legally responsible for the collision, depending on the circumstances of the accident.
Truck accidents are often very complex cases with various factors contributing to the crash. If you sustained injuries in a commercial truck accident, it’s crucial to have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side to sort all the legal issues for you and help you secure the compensation that you deserve.
Understanding Commercial Truck Liability
State and federal regulations require trucking companies to follow specific procedures with their employees and their trucks to:
- Ensure that truck drivers are qualified and prepared to safely operate trucks
- Ensure that their vehicles are safe to drive long distances (and to transport heavy loads)
- Minimize the potential risk of traffic accidents to other motorists.
When a trucking company fails to follow either state or federal trucking regulations, they put other motorists at risk and may be held liable for any injury sustained by another person in a truck accident.
In the following situations, there may be commercial trucking liability when the trucking company:
- Fails to conduct background checks on truck drivers before hiring them
- Hires truck drivers who do not have valid commercial drivers’ licenses
- Fails to adequately train newly hired truck drivers
- Sets unrealistic deadlines for the delivery of loads (thereby pressuring drivers to drive for excessive periods of time, which, in turn, increases the risk of driver fatigue-related truck accidents)
- Encourages its employees to violate federal hours-of-service regulations that limit the number of hours truck drivers can drive in a given day and week in order to reduce the chances of driver fatigue-related accidents
- Fails to keep its trucks in good working condition through regular inspection and proper maintenance.
Recovering Compensation for Commercial Truck Accident
At Binder , our Encino truck accident lawyers have more than four decades of experience helping accident victims obtain compensation for their:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Past and future lost wages
- Mental suffering
Our Encino Truck Accident Lawyers’ Dedication and Experience
The Encino truck accident attorneys at Binder Law Group, PLC have more than four decades of experience and will aggressively advocate your rights and help you collect the maximum possible compensation for your injuries.
Contact our office by email using the form on the right-hand side of this page or call us at (626) 793-9124 | 800-310-1529 Toll Free to arrange for your free initial consultation where you can learn more about how we can help you.