Whether you are riding the bus for leisure, to get to work, or are sending your child to school, you want to trust that the bus driver, the bus company, and a number of other parties are looking out for your safety throughout the commute. A bus crash is one of the last things we expect, yet they, unfortunately, can and do happen.
Bus crashes can lead to significant consequences for passengers and their loved ones. That is why injured parties in California often reach out to a bus accident attorney in Glendale to explore if they have a valid claim and what compensation they may be entitled to.
Compensation for Bus-Crash-Related Injuries
Depending on your injury, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Punitive damages
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
- Loss of consortium
An experienced Personal injury attorney in Glendale will advise you on what compensation you may be available to you, the extent of the compensation, and clarify which parties are responsible for your injuries.
Who May Be Responsible for a Bus Crash
The question of who is responsible for a bus crash comes down to the circumstances surrounding the incident. Your Glendale bus accidents attorney may find that one or more parties are responsible for the crash, including:
- The bus driver. The driver of the bus may have been distracted, driving under the influence, or unqualified to drive the bus (in which case the bus company could also be held liable)
- The bus company. A bus company may send a defective or poorly maintained bus out on the road. Poorly maintained buses often have overused tires, faulty brakes, or a shaky steering column. The company may also be responsible for hiring a driver who was unqualified, for negligently training or supervising drivers, for hiring unqualified maintenance people, or for not enforcing proper safety procedures
- The bus maintenance crew. Bus companies often contract independent companies to maintain their vehicles. In this situation, you may be able to independently sue the bus maintenance company for negligence
- The bus manufacturer and parts retailer. A bus manufacturer can be held responsible for a bus crash if they send a defective vehicle or provide a defective part
- School districts/school boards. Because the school board is responsible for hiring the bus driver, it is also responsible for any negligent conduct by that driver. The school board may also be responsible if it is found that they did not enforce or implement proper safety standards
- State/local governments. Your city or county may also bear some responsibility for a bus crash. If the bus is government-owned, for example, you may be able to sue the city or the county for their part in the accident
- Tour operators. Drivers and owners of tour buses can be held liable if the driver of the bus is found to be negligent
- Drivers of other vehicles (and their employers). Owners and drivers of other vehicles on the road can be held responsible for injuries resulting from a bus crash. Employers of drivers on the road may also be liable if the driver was on the clock and performing work duties when the crash occurred
Our personal injury law firm Binder Law Group, PLC in Glendale, CA also focuses on the following practice areas:
Hiring a Bus Accident Attorney in Glendale
To ensure the best outcome for your case, it is critical that you hire a bus accident attorney in Glendale who has experience navigating the complex state laws, federal laws, and bus regulating bodies. An experienced Glendale bus crash attorney will ensure that all potential avenues of compensation are explored and pursued if appropriate.
What to Expect from a Binder Law Group, PLC Glendale Bus Accident Attorney
Binder Law Group, PLC has the knowledge and resources necessary to build strong cases for our clients. Our team of well-respected Glendale bus accidents attorneys are fully committed to our clients and hire only the best investigators, engineers, and experts to back up your claim and to hold negligent parties accountable for your injuries.
We offer free initial consultations to anyone who wants to learn more about their rights and how to proceed with a bus crash injury claim. We invite you to speak to a bus accident attorney in Glendale today by calling (626) 793-9124.