When Truck Driver Negligence Causes an Accident
Truck Accidents are among the most deadly types of motor vehicle accidents that can occur due to the facts that:
- Trucks typically weight a lot more than other vehicles on the roads.
- As a result, they can cause a significant amount of damage and life-threatening injuries even when trucks are going at slower speeds.
While some truck accidents may be caused by weather conditions, faulty breaks or other factors, in many cases, these collisions result from the negligence or recklessness of the truck driver him- or herself. Some specific examples of truck driver negligence that can cause serious traffic accidents to include (but are not limited to) truck drivers:
- Operating trucks after consuming alcohol and/or drugs (Here, drugs can refer to illegal narcotics, as well as over-the-counter or prescription medications.)
- Operating trucks while they are exhausted or fatigued
- Driving while trying to use their cellphones, GPS or other electronic devices (i.e., driving while distracted)
- Driving without an active or valid commercial driver’s license
- Failing to comply with traffic laws, such as by running red lights, not using their indicators when changing lanes, failing to yield the right-of-way to other drivers, etc.
- Failing to abide by federal trucking regulations, which can include violating hours-of-service regulations and/or failing to inspect trucking equipment according to federal regulations.
When any of these factors play a role in causing a car accident:
- The truck driver can be named as the defendant in a car accident lawsuit.
- Injured people can obtain compensation for their injuries and losses by filing a lawsuit against the negligent truck driver.
Los Angeles Car Accidents Lawyers
If you have been injured in a car accident or have lost a loved one in any type of motor vehicle accident, you need an attorney who understands personal injury law and knows what steps to take on your behalf. At Binder and Associates, our Los Angeles car accident attorneys have been committed to aggressively defending victims’ rights and helping people like you in the Los Angeles, California area since 1973. Our thorough knowledge of the law and our fierce litigating skills allow us to consistently help accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
At Binder and Associates Encino, we take pride in providing individual service and attention to each our clients, and we are selective in the number of cases we take. This allows us to focus on the issue at hand, attack each case with vigor and provide the highest quality legal work possible. It also allows us to keep each of our clients informed about the status of their cases at all times so that they never feel that they are being left in the dark when it comes to their the important legal matters.
To arrange for your free initial consultation with Encino Truck Accidents Attorney during which you will receive trusted advice from an experienced legal professional, please contact our office by calling us at 626-793-9124 or by emailing us using the form on the right-hand side of this page.