Unsecured Loads, Overloaded Trucks and Truck Accidents
When truck drivers or other trucking company employees fail to properly secure and/or load trucks, they increase the risk that serious truck accidents will occur and that other motorists on the road will be injured (if not killed). Specifically, unsecured loads and overloaded trucks make it more likely that:
- Trucks will rollover if they hit objects in the roads.
- Trucks may jackknife, especially with longer tractor trailers.
- Truckloads may spill out onto the roadway, extending the damage caused by truck accidents.
Overloaded Trucks and Unsecured Loads: Who’s to Blame?
When an overloaded truck or a truck with an unsecured load is involved in causing a motor vehicle accident, any of the following parties may be liable for compensating accident victims for their injuries and losses:
- The truck driver, which may be the case if this driver:
- Violated any trucking regulations when loading the truck (or checking the truck while hauling a load)
- Was operating the truck while drunk, fatigued and/or distracted.
- The trucking company, which may be the case when the company:
- Fails to train drivers on how to properly load and check trucks
- Encourages drivers to overload trucks or violate any other trucking regulation.
- Other parties, which may come into play when:
- Defective vehicle equipment (like faulty trailer hitches or defective tires) cause the accident; in these cases, the vehicle equipment manufacturer can be held liable in a truck accident lawsuit.
- Dangerous roadway conditions (like lack of signals or improperly marked lanes) contribute to truck accidents; the party responsible for the road’s safety, such as a city or county, can be the negligent party in these cases.
Pasadena Truck Accident Lawyers at Binder and Associates
If you have been injured in a truck accident or have lost a loved one due to a truck accident, you need an attorney who understands personal injury law and knows what steps to take on your behalf. At Binder and Associates, our Pasadena truck accident attorneys have been committed to aggressively defending victims’ rights and helping people like you in the Pasadena, California area since 1973. Our thorough knowledge of the law and our fierce litigating skills allow us to consistently help accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
At Binder and Associates, we take pride in providing individual service and attention to each our clients, and we are selective in the number of cases we take. This allows us to focus on the issue at hand, attack each case with vigor and provide the highest quality legal work possible. It also allows us to keep each of our clients informed about the status of their cases at all times so that they never feel that they are being left in the dark when it comes to their the important legal matters.
Set Up a Free Consult to Learn More
To arrange for your free initial consultation during which you will receive trusted advice from an experienced legal professional, please contact our office by calling us at 626-793-9124 or 800-310-1529 or by emailing us using the form on the right-hand side of this page.