While having good tires on your vehicle(s) is an essential part of keeping your vehicle(s) well maintained, unfortunately, there are a number of things that can go wrong with tires and, as a result, cause tire blowouts (which themselves can result in the snowballing problems of drivers losing control of their vehicles and possibly getting into serious car accidents). Although tire blowouts may seem like a scary think, the good news is that diligent car owners and drivers can do a number of things to reduce their chances of experiencing this all-too-common vehicle equipment malfunction while driving.
Causes of Tire Blowouts
Knowing some of the most common causes of tire blowouts can help motorists better understand what to do to avoid them. Some of the main causes of tire blowouts include (but are not limited to):
- Tire defects caused by poor manufacturing of the tires (The recent Michelin tire recall is a prime example of this common cause of tire blowouts.)
- Failure to maintain the appropriate air pressure in tires
- Failure to rotate tires according to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Failure to replace tires when the tread has worn down (or when it is otherwise apparent that tires need to be replaced)
- Driving on poorly maintained roadways (such as those that have a number of potholes, cracks in the pavement, etc.)
- Driving over objects or debris in the roadways (such as glass or sharp debris that can puncture tires).
For detailed information on what you can do to reduce your risk of experiencing tire blowouts and, in turn, traffic accidents, look for our upcoming Part 2 of this blog.
Los Angeles Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
If tire blowouts or any vehicle equipment malfunction has caused you to get into a traffic accident, you need an attorney who understands personal injury law and knows what steps to take on your behalf. At Binder and Associates, our Los Angeles motor vehicle accident attorneys have been committed to aggressively defending victims’ rights and helping people like you in the Los Angeles, California area since 1973. Our thorough knowledge of the law and our fierce litigating skills allow us to consistently help accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
At Binder and Associates, we take pride in providing individual service and attention to each our clients, and we are selective in the number of cases we take. This allows us to focus on the issue at hand, attack each case with vigor and provide the highest quality legal work possible. It also allows us to keep each of our clients informed about the status of their cases at all times so that they never feel that they are being left in the dark when it comes to their the important legal matters.
To arrange for your free initial consultation during which you will receive trusted advice from an experienced legal professional, please contact our office by calling us at 626-793-9124 or by emailing us using the form on the right-hand side of this page.