Defective Motor Vehicle Equipment & Car Accidents
Most traffic accidents that occur on U.S. roadways each year are caused by some type of human error – whether that be driver distraction, driver intoxication, driver fatigue, driver inexperience or some other type of error or negligence. However, in many cases, there are multiple factors that play a role in causing car accidents, and one such factor may include defective motor vehicle equipment. Some examples of motor vehicle equipment defects that can occur while driving and, as a result, cause serious traffic accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Brake failure
- Tire tread separation and/or tire blowouts
- Steering system failures
- Airbag failures
- Engine and/or transmission failures
- Fuel system failures.
Who Is Responsible for Motor Vehicle Equipment Defects?
When the equipment on passenger cars, commercial trucks or other motor vehicles fails to work properly, any one (or combination of) the following parties may be to blame and can, as a result, be named as a defendant in a car accident lawsuit:
- The company responsible for the design of the defective or dangerous piece of equipment
- The company that manufactured the defective equipment (Examples of manufacturing errors that can lead to defective vehicle equipment include using cheap parts to produce equipment and/or failing to manufacture the equipment according to the specific design specifications.)
- The company that marketed the piece of equipment (which could the same entity that is responsible for the design and manufacture of the defective equipment)
- The auto shop and/or specific mechanic that installed or worked on the piece of defective equipment.
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a car accident that may have been caused by a piece of defective motor vehicle equipment, or if you have lost a loved one in any type of traffic accident, you need an attorney who understands personal injury law and knows what steps to take on your behalf. At Binder and Associates, our Los Angeles car accident attorneys have been committed to aggressively defending victims’ rights and helping people like you in the Los Angeles, California area since 1973. Our thorough knowledge of the law and our fierce litigating skills allow us to consistently help accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
At Binder and Associates, we take pride in providing individual service and attention to each our clients, and we are selective in the number of cases we take. This allows us to focus on the issue at hand, attack each case with vigor and provide the highest quality legal work possible. It also allows us to keep each of our clients informed about the status of their cases at all times so that they never feel that they are being left in the dark when it comes to their the important legal matters.
To arrange for your free initial consultation during which you will receive trusted advice from an experienced legal professional, please contact our office by calling us at 626-793-9124 or by emailing us using the form on the right-hand side of this page.